Team members within our Front End and Grocery Department enjoy engaging with guests through prompt checkout, communicating product information and supporting product maintenance. Our fast-paced environment requires team members to successfully prioritize between routine tasks (such as cash handling and product display) and immediate customer needs. We seek outgoing, friendly individuals to help us ensure prompt service and a positive guest experiences!
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’D DO
• Demonstrate genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customize approach to meet guest needs and build rapport through individualized service.
• Effectively assess, anticipate and follow-through on guest needs and questions related to products.
• Maintain high-quality standards in product presentation.
• Based on inventory levels, places orders accordingly
• Receive products in a timely manner and efficiently stocks shelves with products.
• Perfomrs shelf maintenance and faces merchandise.
• Executes Grocery Department merchandising and displays.
• Executes accuracy and promptness in customer checkout.
• Provide an accurate and prompt checkout.
• Ensure accurate tender handling, including cash handling, check cashing, credit and debit processing, electronic benefits transfers, gift certificates and miscellaneous tender.
• Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
For this role, we seek candidates with a high level of self-motivation and initiative who are able to problem solve and have proven success working in a diverse team environment. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines; they will possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Our team members deliver exceptional customer service and possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Ideally, our new Grocery Clerks will have cash handling experience as well as experience in a grocery department completing and placing product orders.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Paid vacation, personal, and holiday time off
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Employment may be dependent upon successful background check and reference checks. All store employees must have a valid Washington State Food Workers Card to begin work.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.