Job Summary: As leader of our Grocery Department, this position is responsible for assisting the Grocery Team Leader with product management, merchandising, profit and loss control, and personnel development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Assist with ordering all products for the Grocery Department.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Grocery Department and the Dairy Department.
- Assists in maintaining pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Plans and executes Grocery Department merchandising and displays with Grocery Manager.
- Plans and executes Dairy Department merchandising and displays.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all grocery and dairy products are consistently achieved.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Grocery Clerk.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Grocery Team Leader and/or Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years grocery experience required.
- Minimum one year experience as a Dairy Lead preferred.
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers. Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- 20% team member discount
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
- Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
- Company-funded disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
- Retirement plans available to all team members
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
- Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
- Education support
- Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.