Request for Proposal: Graphic Design Visual Identity for Union Job Search Website for MLK Labor
February 1, 2024
Issued by: MLK Labor
unionhiringhall.org Co-Coordinator: Pia Rivera-Jones
Deadline for proposal submission: 02/29/2024
The Martin Luther King, Jr. County Labor Council (MLK Labor), with funding from the federal Department of Labor, is in need of a redesigned job search website exclusively for union-represented positions (unionhiringhall.org). We are accepting proposals to find a qualified graphic designer to develop the visual identity of this project per the understanding of our audience and the timelines stipulated by our federal grant. Our goals for our new visual identity are to have:
- A sleek, accessible design that doesn’t lean too corporate
- A memorable logo that can be utilized on the site and for outreach materials
- A comprehensive style guide including colors, fonts, etc. for both the website and outreach materials
- Eye-catching designs for outreach materials including: table cloth with logo, flyers, t-shirts, stickers, etc.
This request for proposal’s objective is to find a graphic design firm or contractor that will provide the best overall value and results for our organization. We hope to have our website finished by June 1, 2024 to fulfill the requirements of our federal grant, therefore we need our assets to be completed by April 1, 2024.
MLK Labor is the central body of labor organizations in King County, Washington. We are affiliated with the National AFL-CIO, the central labor organization in the United States, representing more than 13 million working people. Our mission is to unify all labor organizations in King County to build power and strength for all workers.
MLK Labor’s union jobs platform is designed to offer workers a pathway to high-road careers with dignity on the job while helping employers recruit and retain qualified workers. We developed the first iteration of our union jobs platform within our existing WordPress site in 2021 using the organization’s existing branding. It has remained largely unchanged to this day and no longer fits the identity of the project. It is also not as accessible, modern, or mobile-compatible as we would like our new site to be.
We would like our new union job search site’s visual identity to be modern, mobile-compatible, and accessible to people with limited English or low vision. Your package must include:
- Sleek page designs
- Style guide including legible, contemporary fonts and a color palette that conveys a sense of trust and inclusivity but doesn’t lean too corporate
- Three distinct logo designs that are both memorable and legible (if incorporating words) for our team to choose from
- Three rounds of revisions on our chosen logo
- Several variations of the final logo for different use cases (including circular, horizontal, black and white, etc.)
- Designs for outreach materials including table cloth with logo, stickers, flyers, t-shirts
We have a budget of $10,000, but may be willing to spend more on the services of the right vendor. We would like to employ a graphic design firm or contractor who has worked with labor or non-profit organizations previously.
Your proposal should follow the format below:
- Executive summary
- Background information about your business
- Why we should choose your business over other vendors
- Relevant experience that would help you deliver our project
- Proposed services or deliverables
- Fixed price for the project with an itemized costing
- The amount of time you expect the project to take
- Include name, contact details and samples of work for at least three previous projects
- Any terms and conditions for working with you
Please submit your proposal in .pdf format to email@example.com by February 29, 2024.
MLK Labor will evaluate the proposals based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the required, outlined in this RFP
- Relevant past experience and performance
- Samples of your work
- Testimonials from past clients
- Quoted cost of the project
- Interest in mission-based, non-profit work with particular regard to labor
- Preference will be given to unionized providers
MLK Labor reserves the right to award the contract to the vendor that represents the best value to the organization, as determined by MLK Labor.
RFP and project timelines
MLK Labor’s timeline for RFP and project is as follows:
Request for proposal issuance
Deadline for proposal submission
Selection of vendor
New website build begins
Vendors may propose an earlier completion date in their proposal.