Schedule: Monday – Friday (1:00 pm – 9:30 pm)
The Warehouse Utility is responsible for unloading freight by hand for the purpose of accurate shipping, processing and receiving in the warehouse operation. This is a union position.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload trailers and ocean containers by hand
- Sort and stack freight onto pallets for movement within the building/ or shipping
- Staging and wrapping pallets for transportation
- Housekeeping duties including all forms of warehouse clean-up
- Continuously lifting and moving up to 65lbs.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English with proficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Basic math skills
- Ability to understand instructions in the Country’s official language or as defined by Lineage Logistics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company-provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 65 lbs./18 kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days