Essential Job Functions:
- General Merchandise Clerk will gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Grocery Clerk (General Merchandise) will be able to offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of General Merchandise specials.
- Grocery Clerk (General Merchandise) recommends general merchandise items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Customer Service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail Experience is preferred but not necessary
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None