WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program.
Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. T&C is a drug-free workplace. All final applicants for employment will be required to successfully pass a drug screening before they are eligible for employment. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Operates across multiple departments including Grocery, Deli, Bulk Foods, Produce, Front End (Cashier and Courtesy Clerk) and other departments as assigned; assists the departments with a variety of tasks including customer service, preparing product for sale and stocking
- Maintains all departments in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Provides excellent customer service
- Keeps up on industry trends, standards, and changes
- Supports and follows all company and department policies
- Supports and follows sustainability programs and safety and security policies
- Demonstrates attitude of service to co-workers and customers
- Operates within the Company’s Core Values and Company Brand
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- Cashiering and retail experience preferred but not required
- Interest and enthusiasm in providing excellent customer service
- Must possess an attitude of service to others
- Demonstrates self-discipline and accountability
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented and enjoy switching tasks frequently
- Must be a team player, a leader, and a positive role model
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a diverse group of customers, employees, and leadership
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to take direction and carry out department tasks and assignments
- Displays excellent work ethic and learns new tasks quickly
- Flexibility to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidaysas needed
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Possess full body mobility (bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching) and have excellent manual dexterity
- Exemplifies health department standards
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- 18 years or older