WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals of all backgrounds to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You see richness and strength in a diverse workforce and treat others with respect to create a place of belonging for all. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh, and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program. Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Providing excellent customer service by answering lots of questions, preparing product and providing creative meal suggestions.
- Assisting management in a fast-paced department to ensure that products/supplies are ordered, inventory levels are acceptable & shrink is tracked.
- Being a leader with an attitude of service who assists in the development of the team & department.
- Ensuring that products are fresh, rotated and well stocked.
- Operating a variety of equipment that will make your home kitchen appliances seem boring.
- Maintaining the department so that it is clean, enticing and safe.
- Supporting and following all safety and security policies and our sustainability programs.
- Operating within the Company’s Core Values & Company Brand (don’t worry, we’ll tell you all about this).
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- You have prior food service experience and you loved it!
- You have an insatiable appetite for providing outstanding customer service with a patient, level-headed, cool-under-pressure, positive attitude.
- You have enthusiasm for food, love being a part of a busy team, & are gratified when sales are exceeded.
- You are motivated to take on new challenges, enjoy solving problems, and lead by example.
- You show up committed to work hard and with the self-discipline to carry out and assign department tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- You communicate clearly, you listen attentively & you enjoy being the person people come to with questions.
- Your computer skills are up to snuff and you can navigate through a spreadsheet no problem
- You are flexible to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays. After all this is retail and we are open every day except for Christmas Day.
- You are at least 18 years old and have the physical ability to lift and carry 50lbs (food is heavy), have excellent manual dexterity and can bend, stoop, twist, reach and stand for long periods of time.