Delaware North Sportservice is hiring Food Runners to join our team at Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington. As a Food Runner, you are responsible for expediting food from the kitchen to our guests as quickly as possible by receiving food ticket orders, sorting them in kitchen stations, and notifying servers when dishes are complete.
- Attend pre-shift briefing, taking note of relevant information such as service scheduling, organization, food, beverage, and guest notes.
- Coordinate with Chef and kitchen staff to ensure timely preparation and delivery of food.
- Complete any required table-side service which may include taking orders, delivering, and explaining menu to customers.
- Assist captains and back servers with the presentation of courses, explaining any relevant menu items if it is missed.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all menu items, ingredients and preparations; be able to identify menu items and ingredients by appearance.
- Maintain kitchen and suites cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare checks.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 30 pounds for set-up, service and clean-up.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.