We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Climate Pledge Arena, a $1 Billion redevelopment of the facility formerly known as KeyArena and built originally for the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair, will be transformed into a world class, state-of-the-art City jewel and destination. Located at Seattle Center in the heart of Seattle’s Uptown Neighborhood, the new venue will offer a truly unique and intimate experience for the NHL, WNBA, concerts and other entertainment events, while preserving the historic nature of Seattle Center and its surroundings. This project will be a completely new arena beneath its existing historic-landmark roof that will remain in place. Climate Pledge Arena is under construction now, projected opening 2021. The 32nd NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken will begin play in the 2021-2022 season.
The role of the Electrician is to safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will insure their proper operation, performance and reliability. This includes low voltage requirement within the facilities. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Engineering to help implement an effective Preventive Maintenance program for all electrical components and systems.
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Manage / Diagnose / operate all lighting controls for entire building including exterior and parking garages.
- Stays informed of the O&M requirements associated with equipment.
- Should be able to read and understand mechanical, electrical, and architectural drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
- Low voltage experience is a plus.
- Support the successful completion of 50 NHL games, 20 WNBA games, 80 major music/entertainment events, and 25 miscellaneous events each year.
- Maintain, organize, and clean all building rooms, tools, and related equipment.
- Install and tear down portable power systems and other event related power needs.
- Maintain, inspect and repair all power to kitchen equipment in the arena.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors as required to carry out the various inspections, service work and repair, project job bids.
- Manage work request and preventative maintenance requirements through an on-line work order system including, respond and verify completion of all service calls.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Coordinate the operations activities with other building departments and show-related contractors.
- Employee will maintain proper dress attire as instructed by their supervisor including but not limited to uniforms and proper shoes.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as needed to assist in the management of responsibilities associated with the facility.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of Four (4) years directly related, and progressively responsible electrical experience required, in an operational environment such as electrical construction or maintenance.
- Must possess a working knowledge of electrical components, lighting systems (Lutron), tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical equipment.
- Ability to obtain EL07 electrical license or higher
- Must be able to work in heights of 125 ft. and with consideration lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to work both independently with minimum supervision and in a team atmosphere
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Able to effectively interact with customers, field staff, co-workers and vendors
- Flexible and able to work with constantly adjusting schedule, priorities, and responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2-year technical accreditation preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in property and/or facilities maintenance
- Experience with large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (18,000 seats) is highly desirable
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
Climate Pledge Arena aspires to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t worked in the industry or are still learning about the industry—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: email@example.com.
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.