Our busy culinary team is in search of a FULL TIME Dishwasher/Steward to join us. This position requires a flexible schedule, with the ability to work varied shifts and days, based on business need. Previous dishwashing or related experience helpful.
What will I be doing?
A Utility Steward is responsible for operating the dishwasher to properly clean all dishes and cooking utensils used in the kitchens, restaurants and banquets. Scrubs pots. Re-stocks all supplies in the assigned areas. General kitchen cleaning duties including the cleaning and mopping of kitchen floors and trash removal. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Washes dishes and other cooking utensils. Restocks all clean glasses, silverware and plates.
Performs general cleaning in order to stay in compliance with the Health department
Puts away food stock, and dry goods in their proper location, rotating “first in”, “first out”
Removes the trash from all containers, taking it to the dumpster located on the loading dock.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
Some work experience in related field preferred. Some hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating a dishwasher, floor stripper, buffer.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language in order to read labels to put food and dry goods in the proper place, and communicate with other team members.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to load and unload the dishwasher, handle all sorts of kitchen equipment, knives, slicing blades, etc.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Low cost Medical Insurance coverage – only $40 a month for you and your family. Work only 65 hours in the month to be eligible.
- Vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Vacation Time – accrue up to 40 hours of vacation in your first year.
- Sick Time – earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours you work
- Holiday Pay
- Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
- Matching 401(k)
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Complimentary meals in the Team Member Restaurant while on shift
- Complimentary use of on-site fitness facility outside of working time
- Monthly reimbursement of up to $50 for public transportation for the purpose of commuting to work