Want to be an integral part of a progressive, dynamic workplace devoted to supporting small vendors, local farmers, and transformative community impact? Central Co-op Seattle, a Natural Foods cooperative with over 14,000 members, is hiring a full-time Deli Clerk! This job is a great fit for someone with a passion for fresh foods, who thrives on teamwork, creativity, and working with people in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Central Co-op offers competitive salaried wages, 100% employer-paid-premium health/dental/vision insurance, a 4% employer-matching 401k, and a grocery discount. Plus, what’s better than getting to know you’re making a positive difference in the world?
Central Co-op’s Deli department is a showcase for our robust in-house prepared foods program, as well as featuring ready-to-eat items from a diverse group of small, local vendors! The Deli Clerk provides an outstanding customer experience for shoppers through friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient case service of prepared foods, as well as crafting espresso, fresh juice, and smoothies in our café.
● Serving and packaging prepared deli products from a full-service case, per customer request
● Expertly preparing espresso and fresh juice/smoothie beverages to order for customers, as prepping fresh product for future orders, following department procedures
● Delivering phenomenal customer service, at all levels, including at the Deli register
● Maintaining a thorough knowledge of deli products and ingredients, and a ready willingness to answer customer questions and provide recommendations
● Diligently maintaining product levels and cleanliness in self-service deli areas, including the hot bar, soup bar, and cooler cases
● Engaging professionally with vendors and suppliers, and ensuring order accuracy when receiving
● Assisting other deli clerks, or staff in other departments, as needed
● Desire and ability to provide an excellent, friendly customer experience, and effectively listen to and communicate with customers and co-workers
● Ability to take direction from management and work independently to meet expectations.
● Proficiency at prioritizing and multi-tasking, as well as balancing multiple responsibilities
● Flexibility in scheduling, and the capability to work evenings and weekends
● Experience with cash handling and point-of-sale equipment
● Ability to stand for 8 hours, lift 50 lbs., and perform a variety of repetitive body movements, as well as fine hand manipulation and knife work
● Prior barista, deli, retail grocery, and/or customer service experience preferred