The primary responsibility of a Cook is to prepare food to assure that quality food services is provided at all time.
- Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
- Inspect diet trays; work with the facility’s dietitian and process diet changes received from Nursing Services.
- Coordinate food service with other departments.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Experience in nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred.
- Must have a Food Handler’s Card.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be knowledgeable of food preparation procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.