We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Climate Pledge Arena, located at Seattle Center, is the complete redevelopment of an historic landmark, originally built for the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair. The arena is home to the NHL’s Seattle Kraken, WNBA’s Seattle Storm, and the world’s biggest performers of live music and events. The arena is named after The Climate Pledge, an initiative founded by Amazon and Global Optimism asking global corporations to become net zero carbon by 2040. Climate Pledge Arena has one of the most progressive sustainability programs of any building its size, including being the world’s first Zero Carbon Certified arena. Climate Pledge Arena opened October 19, 2021.
This part-time role is responsible for performing work as needed to set-up, maintain, convert, and prepare for events hosted at Climate Pledge Arena. Our Conversion Crew will need to operate and handle concert, basketball, and hockey related equipment. This is a great opportunity for those wanting to get in the “behind the scenes action” and learn how to setup arena events on a large scale, and at a fast pace.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Convert the arena to and from professional NHL hockey, WNBA and collegiate basketball, large scale concerts, and other events on arena plaza, arena bowl, concourses, clubs, south parcel, and parking garages
- Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of dual seating riser systems
- Installation, repair, and removal of arena seating
- Respond to requests from management, vendors, guests, event, and team representatives
- Use of a computer maintenance management system
- Use of power tools
- Operation of forklifts, lifts, and other vehicles
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must have the ability to understand both verbal and written instructions from supervisors and management
- Must be able to climb, crawl, kneel, squat, bend and extend arms and legs fully.
- The physical demand of this role includes stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience within a sports, entertainment, or related field
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 75 pounds
- High noise level, heavy crowd traffic, variable temperatures, bright or dark lighting with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics
- Extensive walking throughout the building
- In accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, and with Climate Pledge Arena’s collective bargaining agreement with LIUNA 242, the expected rate for this position is $26.27/hr
- This role is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
Benefits & Perks:
- Company-wide recognition program
- Company-paid Orca transit card
- Complementary parking
- Employee meal perks
This role is represented by LIUNA 242 and union membership is required for this role.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
Climate Pledge Arena aspires to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t worked in the industry or are still learning about the industry—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.