|The Department of Laboratory Medicine serves as a regional resource for clinical laboratory services required for patient care, research, and educational programs in laboratory medicine. The department now employs 1400 people who work at the award-winning University of Washington Medical Center (ranked among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report), Harborview Medical Center (the region’s only Level I Trauma center, known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally- and medically- vulnerable populations.), and many other clinical and research facilities in the area. The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, and natural beauty.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology department has an outstanding opportunity for a COMPUTER SUPPORT ANALYST 2 (FULL-TIME, DAY-SHIFT)
- Consult with and provide technical support and expertise to users in a variety of
computing environments: analyze user computing needs and recommend appropriate.
- Recommend usage strategies for systems; provide instruction on system/software.
operation and functionality; write support documentation and prepare user training.
- Install, configure, and update systems/software; manage system disk images; create.
and modify scripts to automate installations; participate in planning, testing, and
evaluating software; write and maintain technical documentation.
- Manage user accounts and resources on servers, monitor disk capacity, resource.
management, and performance on server systems; review and analyze server event logs.
write scripts to automate tasks and to monitor and enhance operating environments.
write and update user login scripts.
- Participate in developing, implementing and supporting server-based computers.
support tools such as remote desktop, Jamf, TeamViewer, VPN, automated patching,
software auditing, and remote installation.
- Maintain and update desktop computer and server systems; apply software patches.
and manage automated patching systems for a variety of computing environments.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware problems; install and configure hardware systems and
peripherals; perform maintenance on hardware devices; coordinate repairs with
vendors; maintain equipment inventory.
- Participate in testing and evaluating hardware, research product information and
specifications; create and maintain test systems.
- Provide tier 1 level technical support for our clinical laboratory system.
troubleshoot and resolve user login issues; troubleshoot and resolve device problems.
monitor printer queue and system errors.
- Participate in a problem-solving team to address complex problems which involve.
both desktop computing environments and research or clinical systems.
- Use sound troubleshooting methods and follow industry best practices and division.
- Three years of experience in programming and/or computer support services of a technical nature
- One year of experience as Computer Support Analyst I
- Equivalent education/experience.