WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals of all backgrounds to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You see richness and strength in a diverse workforce and treat others with respect to create a place of belonging for all. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh, and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program. Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Runs in-market cooking demonstrations, frequently in front of an audience
- Engages and connects with guests over a shared passion for food
- Educates staff and guests in cooking and preparation of product
- Prepares and samples products with emphasis on selling
- Maintains prep and cooking areas in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Demonstrates attitude of service to staff and guests
- Provides excellent customer service
- Keeps up on industry trends, standards, and changes
- Supports and follows all company and department policies
- Supports and follows sustainability programs, safety and security policies
- Operates within the Company’s Core Values, Company Brand, and Business Principles
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- Must have in-depth knowledge and interest in food, nutrition and cooking techniques
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess an attitude of service to others
- Must be outgoing and personable
- Demonstrates self-discipline and accountability
- Must possess intermediate computer skills including MS Office
- Emphasis on selling and merchandising/creativity
- Must be open to cross-merchandising ideas
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be a team player, a leader, and a positive role model
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a diverse group of guests, employees, and leadership
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to take direction, follow procedures and recipes, and carry out department tasks and assignments
- Displays excellent work ethic
- Flexibility to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Possess full body mobility (bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching), have excellent manual dexterity and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Exemplifies health department standards
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- 18 years or older