Team members within our Cheese Department enjoy sharing product information about specialty cheese, product pairings, recipes and meal solutions with our guests. Our fast-paced environment requires team members to successfully prioritize between routine tasks (such as packaging and merchandising products) and immediate customer needs. We seek outgoing, friendly individuals to help us deliver outstanding quality specialty cheese products to our guests!
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’D DO
• Demonstrate genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customize approach to meet guest needs and build rapport through individualized service.
• Effectively assess, anticipate and follow-through on guest needs and questions related to products.
• Actively work to remain knowledgeable and current in areas of responsibility, including product knowledge.
• Move with ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling, closing the sale, thanking guests, and inviting them back.
• Ensure products are packaged with the highest level of quality, proper tools and presentation is maintained.
• Maintain product inventory at a level that promotes effective sales merchandising and maximizes sales potential; assist Leadership Team with product and supply ordering.
• Participate in the company sponsored training and preparation for the Certified Cheese Professional accreditation. Team members may, but are not required to take the American Cheese Society exam.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
For this role, we seek candidates with a high level of self-motivation and initiative who are able to problem solve and have proven success working in a diverse team environment. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines; they will possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Our team members deliver exceptional customer service and possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Hired team members will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills.
We strive to find candidates with knowledge of food safety, HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, inventory and portion control, and experience in merchandising product. Ideally, our new Cheesemongers will have one year of customer service experience and one year of food service experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Paid vacation, personal, and holiday time off
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Employment may be dependent upon successful background check and reference checks. All store employees must have a valid Washington State Food Workers Card to begin work.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.