Why you will choose us:
Albertson’s Companies Inc. has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We also provide a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible work schedules
- Associate discounts
- Leaders invested in your training, career growth & development
- Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees (Medical, Dental, 401k and more!)
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
What you bring to the table:
- You have 1 or more years of working with cheese in a retail or grocery store
- You take pride in the work you do, whether big or small
- Helping customers and fellow associates gives you energy
- You agree that food is central to all our lives
- Smiling and making others smile is your favorite
- You are eager & willing to learn
- Being a part of your community matters
A Day in the Life:
As a Cheese Specialist, you are friendly and ambitious with a love for cheese, wine, and food. To truly be successful in the position, you need to be thoughtful and passionate about your work with a natural ability to sell. As a Cheese Specialist you are the face of the Company and have a knack for working with the public. When you’re not assisting customers, you are constructing creative merchandising displays including sales cases and floor displays to sell and educate customers on latest trends. The possibilities are endless, and this is your opportunity to explore the world of cheese!
The pay range is $15.84 to $21.15 per hour, but no less than the local minimum wage. Starting rates will vary based on things like location, experience, qualifications and the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement. Dependent on length of service, hours worked and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, sick pay (accrued based on hours worked), PTO/Vacation pay (accrued based on hours worked), paid holidays (between 7-9 days annually), bereavement pay, and retirement benefits (pension and/or 401k eligibility).
Our Cultural Principals
- Teamwork: “We always support and recognize each other”
- Learning: “We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others”
- Ownership: “We always take actions to drive our success
- Competition: “We always act with integrity to win over the customer”
- Inclusivity: “We always value everyone’s perspective”
- Compassion: “We always treat each other and our customers with kindness and respect”
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly, and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey!
The organization includes 2,230 stores, 23 distribution facilities, and 20 manufacturing plants with over 300,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is publicly owned with supermarkets across the country that includes Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, ACME, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, United Express, Randalls, Albertson’s Market, Pavilions, Star Markets, Market Street, Carrs, Haggen, Lucky, Amigos, Andronico’s Community Markets, King’s, Balducci’s, and Albertson’s Market Street.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job and are not the official job description for the position. All employees must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel may vary within store and/or from store to store and the official job description will be provided during the application process.