Team members within our Front End Department enjoy engaging with guests through prompt checkout, communicating product information and providing outstanding service. Our fast-paced environment requires team members to successfully prioritize between routine tasks (such as cash handling and credit processing) and immediate customer needs. We seek outgoing, friendly individuals to help us ensure prompt service and a positive guest experiences!
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’D DO
• Demonstrate genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customize approach to meet guest needs and build rapport through individualized service.
• Effectively assess, anticipate and follow-through on guest needs and questions related to products.
• Provide an accurate and prompt checkout.
• Ensure accurate tender handling, including cash handling, check cashing, credit and debit processing, electronic benefits transfers, gift certificates and miscellaneous tender.
• Performs necessary POS responsibilities, including price checks, and proper completion of “item not of file” documentation
• Correctly identifies produce items and their corresponding PLU codes.
• Move with ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling, closing the sale, thanking guests, and inviting them back.
• Maintains front-end cleanliness.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
For this role, we seek candidates with a high level of self-motivation and initiative who are able to problem solve and have proven success working in a diverse team environment. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines; they will possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Our team members deliver exceptional customer service and possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Ideally, our new Checkers will have cash handling experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Generous paid time off benefits
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
• Wage/salary range: $19.25 – $23.65
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Employment may be dependent upon successful background check and reference checks. All store employees must have a valid Washington State Food Workers Card to begin work.