Reports to: Call Screening & Coordination Specialist Supervisor
Type: Part-Time & Full-Time openings.
Location: Seattle, WA, Call Center
Payrate: $19.75/hour +$2/hr GY shift differential
Union Representation: OPEIU Representation
Crisis Connections provides a variety of telephone-based support services that are free and easily accessible to anyone in our community experiencing crisis. Our service area includes King County and WA State. Our passion is to foster resilience and wellbeing for all by connecting people to accessible and compassionate support.
The Call Screening and Coordination Specialist is an essential role for our 24-Hour County Crisis Lines. They assist in welcoming, assessing, and documenting the initial portion of a crisis line call. They are the access point for our essential services.
Our Call Screeners must demonstrate strong competency in the ability to connect with callers in various stages of crisis using genuine empathy/sympathy and quickly establish trust and rapport. Call Screeners must also show a strong attention to detail and ability to work efficiently within a contact center environment in order to connect customers with the services they need in a timely manner.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The Call Screening & Coordination Specialist helps the 24-Hour Crisis Line Volunteer Phone Workers and callers. The role assists them by screening, assessing, and connecting callers to trained volunteer phone workers. The Specialist gathers relevant information from each caller to link the caller to the appropriate level of support.
- Provides effective support of volunteer phone workers (PW)
- Assesses emergent and non-emergent calls.
- Develops and connects callers to the appropriate phone service.
- Gathers pertinent information from callers, documents, and hands off documentation at the time of connecting the caller to the appropriate Phone worker.
- Meet established contact center key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy to those in a possible state of crisis.
- Works in a fast-paced contact center environment.
We want to hear from you if you have these qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of public mental health system.
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with a group of diverse backgrounds and educational levels.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively in high volume contact center and fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Prior experience working in customer service or contact centers.
- Experience meeting key performance indicators.
- Prior experience navigating multiple software programs simultaneously.
New hires are expected to attend 3 training shifts per week onsite, and will require the following online modules and shadowing shifts before starting their scheduled shifts.
Your Training Coordinator will provide follow-up and additional information during your New Hire Orientation.
Call Screener Training Requirements
- Attend a 4-hour listening shift onsite at Seattle office during first week
- Complete Online Thinkific Learning Module- 6-8 hours of training modules
- 4-5 training shifts onsite at Seattle office
- Attend Live Training once a year
Computer Skills Assessment: Crisis Connections requires a basic Computer Skills assessment to measure computer literacy and skills. The assessment is approximately 15 minutes in length, and timed. HR will provide a link to complete the test after screening qualified candidates.
- This assessment will be completed on the candidate’s personal computer. Upon request, candidates may take the assessment at one of our 2 office locations as an accommodation. Additional accommodations for the assessment are provided upon request.
Thriving employees means a thriving mission:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. We welcome everyone’s lived experiences, cultures, and expertise, at Crisis Connections because it strengthens our team and the care we provide to the community. BIPOC, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are dedicated to supporting our employees by offering excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- $1000 Employee Referral Bonus for select hard to fill roles
- Generous Paid Time Off & 12 Paid Holidays
- Discount on ORCA transit pass
- Free Parking & Flexible Schedules
- Growth opportunities
- Self-care tools & weekly check ins with your supervisor
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 403B Retirement Plan