Queen Anne Location
Team members within our Central Kitchen Department enjoy producing professionally decorated cakes and desserts as well as assisting with food service production as requested in the Central Kitchen. We seek outgoing, friendly individuals to help us deliver tasty, fresh, quality cakes and desserts to our guests!
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’D DO
• Produce cake designs consistent with Metropolitan Market standards.
• Effectively utilize several professional icing techniques, including piping, airbrush, and fondant.
• Prepare cake boards, triangles and boxes as requested.
• Prepare icings, fillings, whipping cream, and fondant decorations.
• In partnership with the Central Kitchen Team Leader, plan and execute production completion timelines.
• Participate in other food production when necessary.
• Maintain back room, walk-in coolers, and freezer in a safe, clean, and organized manner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
For this role, we seek candidates with a high level of self-motivation and initiative who are able to problem solve and have proven success working in a diverse team environment. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines; they will possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Our team members deliver exceptional customer service and possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Hired team members will possess effective decorating skills and are able to conceive, develop and produce designs that effectively capture the intended message and produce the desired results.
We strive to find candidates with knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines. Ideally, our new Cake Decorators will have two years experience producing professionally decorated cakes.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive pay
• 20% team member discount
• Medical, dental, vision insurance (very low cost to team members)
• Health savings accounts (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Flexible spending arrangements (subject to qualified medical plans)
• Company-funded disability and life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program available to all team members
• Retirement plans available to all team members
• Paid vacation, personal, and holiday time off
• Sick/safe leave provided consistent with local and state requirements
• Reduced cost ORCA Card program for King County team members
• Education support
• Career development opportunities
• Wage/salary range: $19.25 – $23.65
The specific programs and options available to any given team member are dependent upon eligibility factors such as position, date of hire, work location, and terms of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Employment may be dependent upon successful background check and reference checks. All store employees must have a valid Washington State Food Workers Card to begin work.