|Budget/Fiscal Analysts play an important role in UW’s success as a global leader in education, research and health care. In this collaborative role you would monitor resources, manage data and provide reports to inform strategic and operational decision-making and planning.
UW is currently redesigning its finance-related policies and processes, making it an especially rewarding time to join finance teams across the University.
This candidate bank is recruiting for Budget/Fiscal Analysts (SEIU Local 925 Clerical Nonsupervisory) that are or may become available at UW Bothell, UW Seattle and UW Tacoma. If you are interested in Budget/Fiscal Analyst positions in UW Medicine, please click here to search for current vacancies.
Budget/Fiscal Analysts perform a variety of functions under general direction including:
- establish and maintain fiscal record keeping and reporting systems and review/audit procedures;
- analyze and develop budgets for grants, contracts, state funds, and/or program funds;
- participate in preparing budget requests, develop budgets for grants, contracts, state and/or program funds;
- assist in the development of financial/fiscal policies;
- identify project expenditure/revenue patterns;
- analyze proposed legislation and project fiscal impacts;
- evaluate financial alternatives and recommend appropriate action;
- recommend or implement changes to fiscal information systems which have department-wide impact;
- may direct the work of others.
A Bachelor’s Degree with major study in accounting, business administration, or related field and two years of experience performing fiscal analysis, planning, and reporting, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- This candidate bank will be used to prequalify applicants for current and future Budget/Fiscal Analyst job openings.
- After you apply, you will receive an email letting you know if you meet the minimum job requirements.
- If you meet the minimum job requirements, you will receive email notices when Budget/Fiscal Analyst positions become available. The email will include the name of the hiring department, a detailed job description, the work location, additional job requirements (if any) and other details about the position (e.g. part-time or full-time, temporary or regular or eligibility for hybrid or remote work).
- You will have 4 business days to respond and indicate whether you would like to be considered for the position. If you say yes, your application will be forwarded to the department. If you say no, your application will remain in the candidate bank and you will be notified of future vacancies.
- You can withdraw from the candidate bank at any time by e-mailing email@example.com.
- If you were previously disqualified from the Budget/Fiscal Specialist candidate bank because you do not meet minimum qualifications, you can add new education or experience to your UWHIRES profile and then request a new review of your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Human Resources will send emails about your Budget/Fiscal Analyst application to the email address listed in your UWHIRES applicant profile. Please make sure your UWHIRES profile is up-to-date and watch your email for messages from email@example.com.