WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals of all backgrounds to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You see richness and strength in a diverse workforce and treat others with respect to create a place of belonging for all. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh, and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program. Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. T&C is a drug-free workplace. All final applicants for employment will be required to successfully pass a drug screening before they are eligible for employment. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Providing excellent customer service by answering lots of questions, making product suggestions and pairing recommendations.
- Overseeing department operations in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensuring that products are well stocked, rotated, merchandised and properly signed.
- Demonstrating an attitude of service to co-workers by lending a hand and working cohesively.
- Maintaining the department so that it is clean, enticing and safe.
- Supporting and following all safety and security policies and our sustainability programs.
- Operating within the Company’s Core Values & Company Brand (don’t worry, we’ll tell you all about this).
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- You have knowledge, interest & retail experience in beer, wine and spirits.
- You craft excellent customer service by concocting attentiveness, patience, staying cool under pressure and with a twist of citrus.
- You show up committed to work hard and with the self-discipline to carry out department tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- You have an enthusiastic spirit for being a team player, a leader and a positive role model.
- You communicate clearly, you listen attentively and you know how to build intoxicating relationships.
- You are flexible to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays. After all this is retail and we are open every day except for Christmas Day.
- You are at least 21 years old, have the physical ability to lift and carry 50lbs (beer is heavy), have excellent manual dexterity, are able to stand for long periods of time and can bend, stoop, twist, and reach.