The Embassy Suites Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square is now seeking a dynamic Banquet Chef to join its outstanding culinary team. Located in Pioneer Square near Lumen Field & T-Mobile Park, this is an excellent opportunity to grow your culinary career in an exciting location. Come join the team!
A Banquet Chef is responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Banquet Chef, you would be responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage and participate in daily banquet culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, supervision of food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Analyze Banquet Event Orders to plan and coordinate the food and beverage portion of client functions with Catering and/or Meetings and Conventions/Events
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family.
Vision, dental, life and disability insurance
Mental Health Resources
Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO) – you can accrue up to 18 days in your first year
Supportive parental leave program that runs concurrently with Washington State’s Paid Family and Medical Leave program. Our team members receive benefits up to Washington State’s maximum threshold per week. Hilton will then “top this up” to the weekly ABBR (Annual Benefit Base Rate).
Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
Career growth and development
Team Member Resource Groups
Recognition and rewards program
Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
Complimentary meals in the Team Member Restaurant while on shift
Complimentary use of on-site fitness facility outside of working time
Monthly reimbursement of up to $100 for managers for public transportation for the purpose of commuting to work or free parking on work days