As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Bakery Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Bakery Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of merchandising programs. Trains, supervises, and assigns duties to bakery clerks. Writes schedule. Additionally, the Bakery Manager mixes and bakes ingredients according to recipes to produce breads, pastries, and other baked goods. Applies glaze, icing or other toppings to baked goods. Wraps and prices bakery goods and places goods on counters, tables, and in display cases. Waits on customers, cleans shelves and display cases. Places price stickers on wrapped items. Cleans, fills, and rotates self-service displays and tables. Monitors distress items. Assists customers with special orders. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Inventories floor stock, cooler stock, and freezer stock daily. Writes supply order in the order book and inputs on computer. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Organize and maintain clean work area.
Safeway Bakery Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Train, schedule, and supervise bakery workers to ensure optimum staffing for the bakery.
- Wraps and prices bakery goods and places goods on counters, tables, and in display cases.
- Maintain cleanliness of bakery area.
- Cleans, fills, and rotates self-service displays and tables. Monitors distress items.
- Performs daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
- Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service, or other problems related to operations of the bakery area.
- Plan daily production.
- Monitors information in inbox and on website.
- *Other duties as assigned. *see Baker duties.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Desired: Prior management experience.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.