WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals of all backgrounds to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You see richness and strength in a diverse workforce and treat others with respect to create a place of belonging for all. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh, and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program. Whoa! That’s a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
T&C is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. We invite women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can thrive in this role, we’d love to learn more about you. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING . . .
- Providing excellent customer service by answering lots of questions, making product suggestions and offering creative ideas on how to prepare them.
- Reviewing the merchandising calendar you developed at least 13 weeks ago to ensure sales, labor & grosses are on target.
- Hiring, training and scheduling your staff to create a collaborative and well informed team.
- Writing orders and planning promotions for a fresh and inspired department, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
- Demonstrating an attitude of service to your team by lending a hand and working cohesively.
- Maintaining the department so that it is clean, enticing and safe.
- Supporting and following all safety and security policies and our sustainability programs.
- Operating within the Company’s Core Values & Company Brand (don’t worry, we’ll tell you all about this).
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- You knead together into something sweet your experience managing in a retail environment & your extensive knowledge of all things bakery.
- You have a gluttonous appetite for providing outstanding customer service with a patient, level-headed, cool-under-pressure, positive attitude.
- You rise to the occasion when it comes to selling, merchandising and exceeding department goals.
- You whisk up creative solutions to new challenges, can roll with the punches & take calculated risks.
- You show up committed to manage effectively and lead enthusiastically by example.
- You communicate clearly, listen attentively and know how to build strong relationships.
- Your computer skills are great & you can navigate your way through MS Office while whipping frosting.
- You are flexible to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays. After all this is retail and we are open every day except for Christmas Day.
- You are at least 18 years old and have the physical ability to lift and carry 50lbs (cake is heavy), have excellent manual dexterity and can bend, stoop, twist, reach and stand for long periods of time.