|HARBORVIEW ANESTHESIOLOGY has an outstanding opportunity for a PER DIEM ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (Rotating/Variable Shifts). The Anesthesiology Technician 2 will join the Harborview Medical Center Anesthesiology Team and prepare, operate, and maintain anesthesia and laboratory equipment such as physiological monitors and blood gas analyzers. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 will also assist medical staff with technical problems related to anesthesia.
• Prepare room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, supplies, and equipment for each individual Anesthesia procedure.
• Assist in the positioning, prepping, and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
• Check all equipment/instruments needed prior to each procedure, to ensure proper functioning.
• Follow aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
• Perform services requiring technical or manual skills, under the direction of Attending Anesthesiologist.
• Clean and prepare rooms between procedures and after last case; restock supplies, when necessary, and organize effectively for end-of-case cleanup. Be fully responsible for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning of equipment.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Associate of Arts Degree in Biomedical Electronics; OR two years of post-secondary education/training with emphasis in the sciences and one year of work experience in electronics service, maintenance and repair; OR two years of experience as an Anesthesiology Technician I, Paramedic, Laboratory Technician, or equivalent.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.