Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in Washington State, that provides students with the latest cutting edge skills relevant to today’s workplace. LWTech offers 10 applied bachelor’s degrees, more than 40 associate degrees and 93 professional certificates, in 43 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
LWTech serves the Eastside and is located within the city of Kirkland, which is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Washington. Kirkland is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo.
Learn more about LWTech’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Core Themes
LWTech is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its staff and faculty. We serve a student population of 6,500 that come from a variety of backgrounds. We strongly value diversity and are working to improve access and successful educational outcomes for all students. We are actively seeking applicants that will help to balance our employee workforce to align with our students and community. Questions regarding the College’s commitment to diversity and our campus culture may be directed to Human Resources. For more information on our Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Council, please click on the link.
The college is seeking a qualified adjunct professor for early STEM math courses, as well as statistics. LWTech offers the following courses at that level.
- MATH 99 Intermediate Algebra
- MATH& 141 Pre-Calculus I
- MATH& 142 Pre-Calculus II
- MATH& 151 Calculus I
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics
The colleges has available classes beginning in winter quarter and offered fully online and face-to-face. Those able to teach in both modalities will be given priority.
- Teach with a focus on the approved course learning outcomes
- Plan and develop a variety of instruction objectives and experiences appropriate to the program goals
- Communicate regularly with students and provide timely feedback on class work/assignments
- Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments
- Develop and teach lessons which foster and support equitable student learning and cultural diversity
- Teach productive and constructive study skills to students
- Maintain appropriate records which indicate student progress and meet college requirements
- Post the class syllabus using LWTech’s syllabus template, and post students’ grades via the online course system (Canvas)
- Masters degree in math
- 2 years teaching experience required; college teaching experience preferred
- Previous experience with an online course system (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations
Placement on the faculty salary schedule is based on an individual assessment of education and experience. The salary for part time faculty contracts shall be based upon the number of credits assigned the faculty member, the type of class taught, and the rates contained in the part time faculty salary schedule currently in effect and labeled Appendix B.
Step A ranges from $735.47 – $2,026.41
Step B ranges from $774.00 – $2,322.00
Step C ranges from $789.87 – $2,369.58
Step D ranges from $844.26 – $2,532.78
Step E ranges from $865.79 – $2,712.96
Once part-time faculty have worked 50% full-time or more for two consecutive quarters(with LWTech or combined with other community/technical colleges), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and other insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under Public Employees Benefits Board, State Retirement Plan and a Deferred Compensation Plan; sick leave accrues at 1 day (Prorated based on % of FTE) effective upon employment. Employees have access to bereavement leave, employee assistance program, free tuition ( 50% of FT or more for two consecutive quarters), reduced child care costs at our Early Learning Center, reduced Bus Fare, professional development opportunities and more! For further details on the benefits offered at LWTech, please visit: lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/benefits/
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
- Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
- Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal Authorization to work.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Vice President of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech’s Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lwtc/jobs/4273355/adjunct-faculty-math-stem